Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Gabby-isms

With her increase in vocabulary, comes an increase in hilarious things she says. Here are five of my current favorite Gabby-isms:

1. Gabby calls Lillian "Lilly-girly." I sometimes used to call her "Lilly-girl" and Gab has just exponentially heightened the cuteness of her nickname. We all call her "Lilly-girly" now.

Meet "Lilly-girly"

2. She refers to herself in the third person always. In the mornings, my "Who's excited to go to school today?" chime is always answered with a gleeful "Gabby is!" I even have to stifle my laughter when she tells Stanley (the dog) to "Leave Gabby awone!"

3. "Cue meesh!" is Gabbese for "excuse me." She says it when someone else burps or when she is pushing her stroller around and someone is in her way. I heard her telling Stanley this morning to move out of the way. I asked her what is a nicer way to say that. Her reply? "Cue meesh, Buddy!"

4. Whenever someone else laughs, Gabby says that person is funny. She totally doesn't understand how humor works. If she does something hilarious and I laugh she says, "Mommy's funny!" 

5. This one kills me... When she is feeling extra-loving, she will run up to Rick or me and hug us around the legs and say, "I miss you too much!" I don't know where she heard this or why she started saying it, but it just melts my heart every time.

Two is terrific! We are really loving this kid right now. 

Also, lest you think "Whatever happened to that adorable baby?" She is here, she is awesome, and I have a really sappy post on deck about her, so check back in soon and stop judging me!





No comments:

Post a Comment