Thursday, December 18, 2014

Subliminal messages from the white noise machine

Disclosure: I might regret posting this because all 4 people who read my blog will inevitably think I'm insane. I'll have you know the hubs hears things, too, when the machine is on. 


Meet the girls' white noise machine. We like it because it doesn't shut off, although this is our second one. The projector likes to stop working after a while. We really need a new one. This one has been talking to me. 

They like the "white" noise setting. I have never heard anything funny in the rain or heartbeat modes, but Gabby refuses to sleep unless I choose white noise. But after some time, usually when rocking Lillian to sleep (read: playing candy crush and minding my own business), I start to pick up a pattern in the loop and it sounds like a voice saying words. Here are some things the creepy white noise machine has said to me recently:

"You're Kris Kringle."
"I'm filthy."
"Don't worry."
"Do the Macarena."
"How about you?"
"Scouts are afraid."
"Now it's time for braiding."

I don't know what it's trying to tell me with these messages but I really don't need to question my sanity every night. 

Also, the projector stopped working. Any recommendations for a non-psychosis-inducing machine?

No comments:

Post a Comment